5.01.2010

Santa Fe, Are You There?



So last month Jake and I went to Santa Fe.

IT WAS GLORIOUS.

The weather was perfect, the food was divine, and the company was enchanting. It was Jake and I's first real vacation together alone since our honeymoon and we had forgotten how much we love vacation.

We had a lovely hotel room at the Santa Fe Sage Inn which served a delicious breakfast every
morning, and conveniently shares a parking lot with the Santa Fe Whole Foods.

The Rancho De Chimayo is one of my favorite places on earth. It is so beautiful and delicious. The chicken is so tender you can practically will it to cut. You don't even need a fork.

Heading down into the ceremonial kiva on top of a 200 foot vertical ascent at Bandolier National Monument.

The ancestral caves are not Jake-sized.


Bandolier day was probably our favorite day. We had perfect weather, and we had a lovely picnic lunch from Whole Foods.

We had guacamole every night. Literally.


Culture abounds in Santa Fe. For those of you that know me well, you know about my affinity for Native American culture. I think that is why I feel at home there. So many Indians and so true me.

There are also a lot of cultural things that I do not understand. Take, for instance, this golden jewel-encrusted Virgin Mary toilet seat.

Jake felt at home there too. Notice Gabriel's guacamole below. I have been raving about Gabriel's guacamole for years and he finally got to taste it. After the first bite he said, "Well, I've never tasted anything like that before." Also notice that the bowl has a diameter the size of his forearm.

Santa Fe is a beautiful place.


And we have a beautiful life.





3 comments:

susan m hinckley said...

Sweetest post ever! Visiting Santa Fe through your eyes is almost as good as the real thing . . . if I could look at your pics while eating guacamole . . . *sigh

So glad you had a wonderful time! (do you think I should get that toilet seat for my new studio bathroom?)

Shoelandia Shop said...

Awesome! Its genuinely awesome article, I have got much clear idea regarding from this piece of writing.

------------------------
Basement carpet

Unknown said...

Hollywood Movie In Hindi
Hollywood Movie In Hindi