3.07.2010

The Contents of My Purse


When I was a senior in high school, I did a poetry workshop and wrote a poem entitled "The Contents of My Purse on November 19, 2004".

I have heard a rumor of purse contents blog entries going around, and thought I would take advantage of such an occasion.

Also, my purse is getting very heavy and need to be cleaned out.

FRONT POCKET:
  • 1 pair garish turquoise plastic sunglasses
  • 1 Nokia pen
  • 1 Visa gift card with $17.56 remaining balance
  • 16 mini Tootise Rolls
  • 1 Mytouch cellular device
  • 1 old shopping list


SIDE POCKET:
  • 1 chocolate mint Zone Bar wrapper


OTHER SIDE POCKET
  • 1 apartment key card

FRONT ZIPPERED POCKET
  • 15 pennies
  • 7 dimes
  • 4 nickels
  • 11 quarters
  • 2 balled up Valentine Hershey's kiss wrappers
  • 1 business card for a salesman from HOM furniture that I would still like to utilize when I have more than 11 quarters.


INTERIOR OPEN POCKET
  • 2 coupons for Underwater Adventures at the Mall of America
  • 1 "I Heart Seahorses" sticker
  • 1 receipt for a night at Chili's


INTERIOR ZIPPERED POCKET
  • 1 old shopping list
  • 1 Sungold Pink lipgloss
  • 1 pen from the Inn at Saint Mary's in North Bend, Indiana


INTERIOR
  • 1 T-Mobile pen
  • 1 bottle hand sanitizer
  • 1 turquoise faux-leather wallet
  • 1 Best Buy ad insert with prices good January 10-16, 2010
  • 1 note authorizing UPS to leave a package on the doorstep
  • 1 Activia yogurt coupon from Cub Foods
  • 2 T-Mobile employee phone plan service agreements
  • 1 invitation to the Relief Society birthday
  • 2 Burnsville Ward Relief Society announcement bulletins
  • 2 Sunday School quote sheets
  • 1 Minnesota Valley Transit Authority Double Decker Bus advertisement
  • 3 T-Mobile earnings statements
  • 2 change of address forms for Wings Financial Credit Union
  • 1 empty plastic baggy
  • 2 empty envelopes
  • 1 tube of white glitter
  • 1 light-up Nokia bouncy ball
  • 2 Baja Sol lunch receipts
  • 1 Walgreens receipt
  • 1 Leann Chin receipt
  • 1 lengthy Cub Foods receipt
  • 1 coupon for M&Ms
  • 1 IKEA receipt
  • 1 Michael's receipt
  • 1 Five Guys receipt
  • 7 Target receipts
  • 1 Wal-Mart receipt
  • 1 Goodwill receipt


So the contents of my purse reveal a few things about me:
  1. I eat a lot.
  2. I work for a telecommunications company and have regular contact with Nokia reps.
  3. I go to Target too often.

8 comments:

Amelia Poll said...

4. You have a big purse.

It's funny, I think I could tell you everything that is in my purse right now which consists of keys, wallet, sunglasses and chapstick. Clearly, I'm a boring person :)

susan m hinckley said...

I agree with Amelia -- your purse is obviously bigger than mine!

But Amelia, aren't you related to your mother? Because I'm betting that her purse is as big as Chelsea's, if not bigger.

Chels, you make even cleaning out your purse fun. xo

Cory and Sara Jane said...

haha, i think i have those same sunglasses in kelly green!! my husband makes fun of me every time i wear them! :O)

Amelia Poll said...

Susan - My mother's purse is probably bigger because it has long been known to contain everything except the kitchen sink (which is still a disputed opinion)

I must have skipped out on the big purse needs though. My shoulders are wimpy and they hurt if I carry too much stuff at one time for a long time. I did, however, gain the "I need a purse for every outfit and season" gene - they are just small.

Kelci and Jake said...

I agree with your mom, you do seem to make everything fun!

Unknown said...

i like your blog...can backlink here

obat asam urat

obat asma

obat alzheimer

obat darah rendah

obat darah tinggi

obat diabetes insipidus

obat diabetes mellitus

Unknown said...

obat demam berdarah

obat gagal ginjal

obat gondok

obat HIV AIDS

obat jantung koroner

obat jantung bengkak

obat kista dan miom

obat kanker kelenjar getah bening

obat kanker nasofaring

Unknown said...

obat kista coklat

obat kolesterol tinggi

obat migran

obat osteoartritis

obat osteoporosis

obat psoriasis

obat radang amandel

obat radang usus

obat stroke