5.05.2009

How Sweet It Is!

Two weekends ago we journeyed south to the Boston temple. It might have been the perfect day.

It is a beautiful temple with stained glass. I really love stained glass, and it is always sad for me that our church doesn't use much of it. It was mostly blue, purple, and green, which was incredibly peaceful.

The grounds were also beautiful! The flowers were just beginning to bloom.

We also stopped at the Cheesecake Factory on the way home. 
Oh. My. Goodness.
We got the avocado egg rolls, of course, and almost died of deliciousness. Jake got the giant burrito, and wowed our friends with his ability to put a burrito the size of his upper arm down his gullet. I got the barbeque pork sandwich. Then came the cheesecake. Jake got the 30th anniversary special cheesecake, and I got the chocolate tower, which isn't a cheesecake at all but rather seven layers of different chocolate cakes and mouses. 

It was so good. The temple, the egg rolls, the tower of chocolate...
So good.

So good, in fact, that the temple manifested itself in a bruise under Jake's fingernail...

I need to take a moment to say that Aysia is the funniest and cutest little girl on the planet. We got a little package from her the other day and this was in it. She made it on her favorite website, Barbie.com.


Yes, that is Jake as Thumbelina. He looks good, doesn't he?

I was able to finish this semester without too many problems. The 8-hour administrative law final was quite a bear, but it is over now, and I can take a nice break before my next class starts June 5, which is also the day my parents come! It will be great to show them this crazy place we live and the beautiful state it sits on.

The past few weekends Jake and I have ventured up to Randolph, home of the Vermont Technical College, to take a dip in their swimming pool. Jake is such a good sport. He swims with me and graciously takes my pointers under consideration. I taught him how to do flip turns last Saturday, and he is getting so good! If anyone remembers when I learned how to do flip turns and the crippling anxiety they caused, they would be terribly impressed with how quickly Jake has caught on. I have been making little sets that both of us can do, and it has been so much fun to share something that is so dear to my heart with someone that is so dear to my heart.

In short, Jake is amazing, and swimming is good for the soul.





2 comments:

susan m hinckley said...

Such a lovely ending . . . I'm so glad swimming remains dear to your heart, because all our swim times are very dear to mine as a mother! And I had to laugh out loud at Aysia's picture -- HA HA HA HA!! And you should try to sell Jake's fingernail bruise -- these religious sightings are marvelous commercial opportunities, you know.

steph said...

Such a lovely temple! I want to go there now.
OH i love the cheesecake factory too! I think I have only been twice... but it is amazing! i want to go again!