4.16.2009

It's like fancy feast, but for humans.

Just so you all don't forget, we make food up here. Fancy food.

We have been making homemade tortillas recently, and they have been so delicious! We've made whole wheat ones as well as just plain flour tortillas, and they have both been super tasty.



One week not too long ago I went on a vegetarian/no enriched foods diet. It went pretty well, and it lined up with National Vegetarian Week, so that was nice. We ate a lot of beans and salads, and a lot of brown rice. Overall it went pretty well, although I was glad to go back to multigrain pasta...whole wheat pasta is so intense. Although I don't mind the whole wheat with Cowboy Spaghetti, it's already such a hearty meal that you hardly notice how wheat-y the noodles really are.

We're still waiting to hear back from the U of M, but unless every possible thing goes wrong, it is looking like that is where we'll end up next year. I have been applying for a couple jobs and even an internship...

so let's all cross our fingers and hope something comes my way!

4 comments:

susan m hinckley said...

Fancy, indeed! Please have some dough ready for when we arrive. xo

Amelia Poll said...

So when are you going to post the recipie - some of us are dying to try them for ourselves, since we won't get the pleasure of having the cooks here :)

-Loni said...

wait...did I miss something or am I just really confused (which is very quite possible) university of Minnesota??? I thought you were headed to New Mexico.

Betty said...

I have a cool new book that I just bought. I will let you read it when you get back. It's all about cleaning up the toxic foods in our life. You will like it! Master Your Metabolism, Jillian Michaels