1.30.2009

All you need is Positivity!

Okay, for those of you that read comments, read Lynley's comment with the lasagna recipe and make it. It was so good and so easy. BUT, use a 16 oz. jar of cottage cheese.

I have a job here on campus that is going quite well. I am the Communications and Media Relations Assistant. I get to write press releases and update website content. I also get to do some less fun things like digital archiving and hole-punching stacks of news clippings and putting those stacks into the appropriate binder. I had a lesson in CMS today to do website stuff, and it was pretty cool. Maybe I should go back six years to junior year of high school and stay focused on Graphic Design. Maybe I can find that perfect job that melds environmentalism and graphic designism into one far-out title. 

Graphic Environmentalist.

Not bad. I kind of like how it sounds a bit risque. It's me all over.

A little hitch may have been thrown into our Arizona plan. Many of you already know, as plenty of my readers already reside in AZ. Arizona State University, Jake's school, is undergoing a serious budget crisis with the state and has threatened to close down one or two campuses (Jake's being the first to go) and cut numerous programs (health programs the first to go). Now me being the healthy skeptic that I am, seriously doubt that the largest university in the country can just shut down entire campuses and programs in the span of one semester. However, the president of the university keeps sending out massive panic emails telling us that the threats are real.

So there you have it. I'm almost positive everything will go according to plan for us. But, as Batty makes so eloquently clear in that classic of animation Fern Gully: the Last Rainforest (it was in the $5 movie bin (my favorite of all bins) and I couldn't resist...it does have a great environmental message...and Tim Curry) 

ONLY FOOLS ARE POSITIVE.

So I'll let you know how that goes.

One of Jake's phlebotomist buddies is studying for the MCAT. It is good for him to see that this is something people do, and is actually possible. He has this theory that:
1) Only geniuses can be doctors
2) He is not a genius.

ERGO...he can't be a doctor.

In my book, the logic is fine, but I disagree with both of the premises, which as all Logic 101 passees know, invalidates the conclusion.



coming soon: Cowboy Spaghetti with photos! Oh!


4 comments:

Nancy said...

I work with doctors, and I also diagree with both of Jake's premiseseseeses. (do we know how to make that word plural?) Jake is a genius. and every single doctor I work with is in fact, not even remotely close to genius. He may, in fact, be over qualified.

Lynley and Levi said...

Hmm...graphic environmentalist DOES sound a bit risque. Its so the Knock-Up. I'm so glad you liked the lasagna. i found another super easy recipe and it goes as follows:
Alfredo Chicken and Biskit Bake
2 cups cooked chicken boobies or tenders or whatever
2 Cups fresh chopped broccoli
1 1/2 Cups Carrots
1 Cup onion (grated or chopped, whatever you wanna do)
1 16 oz. thing of alfredo (i used the bertolli's or something)
1 cup bisquick
1/3 cup milk
1/4 tsp. dill weed

Cook chicken up. in something else, sautee the broccoli, carrots and onion til you think they look like you would eat them. add alfredo sauce to veggies. season with seasoning salt and peppa. add chicken. dump it into an 8X8 (its the perfect size for 2 peeps. Then mix the bisquick and milk up...it will be quite stiff. add the weed (thats right, you will be eating weed biscuits, hows that for ya?) then drop in little blobs on top of the other stuff in the dish. bake it all naked (excuse me, uncovered) at 400 for 18-22 minutes. levi totally ate the entire thing in a day and a half. good thing i wasnt very hungry, eh?

susan m hinckley said...

I've obviously got to get in on this Lynley and Chelsea swap recipes thing. And I agree that Graphic Environmentalist (with extra GRAPHIC) suits you to a tee. hee. And on another subject entirely, did you notice that lafujimama had her baby and looked stunning? Some people.

susan m hinckley said...

Oops and one more thing -- Detlefsen is a doctor. 'Nuf said.

(pssst . . . Jake -- he gets to work with cheerleaders!!!)