9.28.2008

Leaf-peeping!




Leaves they are a changin'.
It is unbelievably beautiful up here right now! Today we took a walk and took many foliage pictures, some of which are displayed below. The colors here hardly do the real colors justice, or even the colors of the actual photos justice, but this should give you some idea of our surroundings! We also learned today that "Leaf-peepers" are people to journey to Vermont just for the foliage. We had a few in church today!

As we were driving last night, we saw a tree that was the most pure hue of red I have ever seen. I started liking red inexplicably in eighth grade, and I didn't know why until that moment. I actually exclaimed out loud, "THAT is why I love red." Entire mountains are covered with millions of leaves that shame my once lovely red Kitchen Aid. I fear that after witnessing true red, nothing else will do. I may have to find a new color.








To the color green: you are always my favorite, don't be jealous. 
You make me happy in a way that red never can.


5 comments:

april said...

maybe you now can appreciate why i would have to inwardly smile everytime someone in the west would tell me how they have beautiful leaf change in the canyons if i would mention missing the fall. (not that the leaves aren't pretty around mountains - real mountains - which vermont/the northeast doesn't have even though it thinks it does).

yes, and do always stay true to the color green. you can't go wrong there.

emily and Nate said...

we will soon be moving to Vermont so I did a blog search to try to get a better feel of the place, I came across yours and wanted to say I really enjoyed snooping! You guys are a great little family. I really enjoyed your blog about the first time in your ward. Hope you don't mind

Emily

susan m hinckley said...

Wow -- you really might be in the most beautiful autumn spot on earth! I'm off to the most beautiful eating spot on earth. Imagine if we could combine leaf peeping in VT with eating in NM. Heaven.

Amanda Cheniae said...

Absolutely beautiful, I am very very jealous!!! Suck it all in now, because when you come here things turn from brown to.....brown.

Brian said...

Hey, It's Annie but I'm too lazy to log out as Brian. (Has to do with being kicked out of our google reader account mainly, and laziness) Lovely photos! It is so great to follow you guys and see you both doing so well. Too bad we are on the coast on the other end of our country. We used to get to CT every now and again. Remember to come see us in Boston the first weekend in December if you can!