8.09.2008

Still in love after all these year

JAKE- Today we celebrated our 1 year anniversary by going out to eat at Chilis. Sure it seems like a rather modest way to celebrate a year of marriage, especially when you consider that a stifling 3.4 percent of all marriages end in divorce before the first year anniversary, but it was right for us. i guess we did splurge a little, i got a steak after all and it was delicious. So, what's with the new love affair with meat you say? Jake, were not you going to go vegetarian or something there for a minute? OK i will admit i am being a bit hypocritical, but i have learned something about this part of the country: they love their meat and their ice cream. Also, now is the time for me to get serious about achieving my goals, health-wise. First, and quite simply, i need to get ripped. I will spare you all the story of how it is my dream to play division one college football. How i used to run around my back yard as a boy throwing the football to myself and practicing my moves on all the invisible linebackers. How walk-on tryouts at ASU is my one and only chance. The point is if you want to bulk up, put on weight and eat protein, and work out; and do a lot of each. I dont yet know if i will have access to the campus gym here at Vermont Law. Anyway, enough about my silly dreams and wishful thinking, what i really want is to be as healthy and fit as i can be. I was invited to play pickup soccer on tuesdays and thursdays. I think i will, but i suppose i should wait until i have medical insurance before i start banging shins with the rest of the boys. Speaking of insurance, i have a job interview this Wednesday so wish me luck friends. Enough of me on a tangent, back to the anniversary thing. I guess you could say our anniversary started with a bang, literally. At 230 AM Chelsea and i were rudely awoken by the loudest noise i have ever heard seven feet from our bed. BANG! So loud, and scary. Chelsea immediately thought it was a gun going off or someone in our room. in reality it was our roll down drapes rolling up for some reason at breakneck speed and slamming to a stop. Church tomorrow and then a day of rest for our real anniversary, the tenth of August. Hooray for marriage.

3 comments:

susan m hinckley said...

So . . . ghosts rolling up your window shades in the middle of the night . . . everyone in your ward seeing their dead family members . . . . Jake eating meat . . . HAS THE WORLD GONE MAD???!! Knowing you went to Chili's made me feel less guilty about toasting your anniversary at Bucca without you. It was delicious, by the way. Thanks for getting married. Now what happened to that layer of your delicious white cake you were saving in my freezer??!!

Lynley and Levi said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! can't believe its been a year....crazy stuff. congrats and best wished in that strange new land

Amanda Cheniae said...

I can't believe it's already been a year!! Happy Anniversary it sounds like you are both learning and loving and having a wonderful, challenging experience! Congrats and keep up the wonderful blog, I LOVE it!