7.24.2009

It's a small world after all...

Although to be honest, next Saturday we're going to be wishing it was a lot smaller as we drive halfway across the country with all of our worldly possessions packed snugly in our faithful Ford Taurus. New York is a long, expensive state to drive through. 

I have one week left of classes. Five days, six class meetings. One paper, two small papers, two large projects, and whole lot of reading. I am really not sure how all of this is going to get done, but it always does somehow, so I am not too worried.

*******

Oh who am I kidding, of course I'm worried. But then, if I weren't, I wouldn't be me, 
and I like being me.

*******

Two weekends ago the law school put on a little celebration for the MELP and LLM (Master of Laws, post JD) students. It was very nice and very short. Two important things to consider when planning a graduation. Oh, and there was food. Glorious Vermont food.

How we will miss the Vermont food.

All the graduates had a chance to say a few words, and I said something along these lines:


"The world is small. The world is savable. And the world is SO worth saving. 
Thanks, and I'll see you out there."

It wasn't anything special, but I think it summed up my feelings quite nicely and shortly--again, two important things to consider when planning a graduation speech.

Now imagine you are there, and then clap for me. I worked really hard!

The new picture at the top of our blog is from that day too...I don't wear pink leggings EVERY day...

We have been having a hard time saying goodbye to some of our favorite things here, particularly our favorite places to eat. Two weekends ago we took a farewell trip to the Woodstock Farmer's Market for sandwiches, but decided they were too good so we went again last weekend too. Our farewell trip to Eaton's Sugarhouse may be coming up this weekend as well, and who knows, maybe we'll have to stop there again as we are literally leaving the state. We are saying goodbye to Boloco tonight. 

What a sad and delicious time for us.

See you soon Minnesota!!

6 comments:

susan m hinckley said...

I'm clapping! I'm clapping! And I wish I had been there. Actually, I wish I were still there so I could say goodbye to all your favorite foods with you! Good luck in all your last week stress. We're excited to have you back.

Lynley and Levi said...

Well, I think you SHOULD wear pink tights every day. I'm thinking of getting some blue ones.

Ann said...

I AM CLAPPING TOO AND TYPING IN CAPS TO SHOW MY ENTHUSIASM!!! GREAT WORK CHELSEA!! THE WORLD IS A BETTER PLACE BECAUSE OF YOU ALREADY!!! LOVE, ANNIE

steph said...

Congrats on your graduation! I really like your "few words".. very classic!
Good luck in the journey to come!

april said...

CLAP!!! CLAP!!! CLAP!!!

congrats to you! i just have to add that new york is so an expensive state to drive through as we just did that in june. i feel like they are trying to fix their state's budget problems through tolls! but i was absolutely floored that the toll booth workers made eye contact and said "hi". that's not suppose to happen in the northeast. i use to like when i would drive south because you could always tell when you had finally entered the south by the change in treatment by toll booth workers. maybe new york decided they better add some sugar to those horrid prices.

JennyLeighP said...

HI CHELSEA!!!!!!! I'm so glad you found me on here! I have missed you terribly! Everything looks like its going well with you two! I would love to catch up sometime and see whats been going on with ya!