6.24.2009

bring us back your ways


I actually do have something to blog about, but I don't have time to blog about it. But I will say that it involved me wearing this   ----->


Oh what the hey, I'll just tell you all about it now! So what if I have a 15 page paper to write by Monday morning! If any of you dear readers ever get to the Supreme Court, do please ask them what they were thinking when they "resolved" all these Indian Law cases. Ask them how they sleep at night knowing they just completely screw people again and again when the law has clearly and without question come down in favor of tribal sovereignty? It's too bad there is not a Judicial Procedure Act (to go with the Administrative Procedure Act, of course), with a clause that lets us sue the Court for rulings that are "arbitrary and capricious, an abuse of discretion, or otherwise not in accordance with the law". People say that's what Congress is for, but I ain't seen the fruits of that labor.

Anyway, back to the hat. We had a REVIVAL at church!! Since our building is being rebuilt, we have been meeting at a private school, the Sharon Academy, which has been fun and challenging. But last Sunday, the school needed the building for graduation, so we had no place to meet. But Camp Joseph is right next door to the Joseph Smith memorial, so we had a nice old-fashioned outdoor revival followed by a successful potluck. We just had an extended sacrament meeting and then all ate together. It was absolutely wonderful. Although up on Dairy Hill it is about 10 to 15 degrees colder than down in the village, so some of us were a little chilly! But I could not resist the temptation to wear a nice big revival-style hat. The Sunday before I, as activity chair, told the Relief Society to get into it, but alas, I was the only one. I did get lots of smiles though! (and the giant white hat was not enough, I had to add an equally giant pink flower, as you can see.)

We had a great time. The bishop is a real nature guy, and he opened his talk with a moment of silence to listen to the birds and the wind. It truly was my kind of meeting!

Only a few weeks left up here in Vermont. Time is really flying. After I finish this paper, I have one week off, followed by two weeks of Monday and Friday classes, followed by two weeks of Monday-Thursday plus Monday and Friday classes, with work all mixed in there, which is what I'm doing now, which might explain the rant and run-on sentences.

Just a few more weeks until the long drive West and my ceremonious induction to the ranks of the great unemployed. But not for long, especially if I wear my giant hat to interviews. 

Here's to employers everywhere!

5 comments:

susan m hinckley said...

1) Could you be any cuter?

2) Could you be any smarter?

3) Could you be any more destined for greatness (including employment)?

I.Think.Not.

Amanda Cheniae said...

Wow Chels, there was a minute there that I had to stop and re-read, then stop and re-read slower, as if I was reading a textbook. I'm so impressed with you. I am also so very jealous of your Vermonting experience. How fabulous!

Amelia Poll said...

How amazing. I want to have an outdoor revival meeting. However, if we attempted that here in AZ we would all melt. It was only 108 yesterday...blah!

Have I mentioned recently how much I miss you? You are wonderful. Good luck with the final few weeks of classes and with that hat, how could you NOT find a job? :)

Lynley and Levi said...

you're pretty much the most awesomest woman I know. and I miss hanging out with you. you'll love being unemployed. I mean, in all technicality, I"M still unemployed as well, and I almost have two bach. degrees. But I do get to see Levi all the time, so I'm not complaining. We are set for law school and now I just have to find some sort of job for the next year to pay rent/mortgage, depending on what we get. Loves to you and your daring revival hat! I Love It.

steph said...

How fun! I would love to do something like that!
Love the hat!